Sunday, March 2, 2008

OMG - Plants and Animals are f***ing amazing. Again, I listened to the album all the way through, in part becuase of the lack of shuffle on my ipod, and because I had many beers and helpings of casserole to burn off. "Faerie Dance" is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. I didn't get much farther in the album because I kept playing that song over and over again.

For all this talk of regionalism, music seems to transcend it. They definitely sound like they're from Montreal; there's a big, collective, strings-heavy drunken sway to it. Like smething they'd play at an indie strip bar in Montreal. But it doesn't matter. You don't need to understand the signs to get the joke. I can find still find it fantastic. It probably just comes down to the fact that some things are really good, and some things a poop, depending on your taste.

No comments: