Monday, March 3, 2008

The Walrus


The next step? Taking that pile of unread Walrus's, sitting all huntched and droopy in the corner, radiating guilt, and reading them. If last week was all about Canadian TV and film (just saw C.R.A.Z.Y. So good), this week will be all about the mags.

Maybe its the fact that the print is so tiny, that they manage to cram so much information into one issue, that makes me admire the cover then put it down. I didn't renue my subscription, and after many pleading emails from the Walrus, found in the mail a "personal letter" from the editor, begging me to reconsider. Literally begging. It made me worry about the mag. Are there not enough Masters students in Canadian Studies to keep it going? So I renued my subscription. I felt bad. And it does have amazing "visual essays," graphics, insightful articles, ect. Maybe I'll put aside a week every month to get through an issue.

No comments: